Quick links

Thursday 26 April 2007

I did it (just!)

Well ... I've done the London marathon! 5 hrs 19 minutes!
Been there, done that, and got the t shirt as they say ... BUT IT WASN'T PRETTY!
We arrived at 9:38am; just in time to join the masses!
Mile 1 - I felt GOOD!
Mile 3 - I developed a headache!
Mile 5 - my trainers started sticking to the road where all the spilt Lucozade was becoming warm and sticky!
Mile 10 - I ate my warm and soggy banana which I'd carried around with me carefully so far ...
Mile 13 - I had to take my t shirt off and wrap it around my head to protect me from the sun ...
Mile 17 - I started to run with my fingers in my ears to protect me from the excruciating high noise level coming from the crowd...
Mile 25 - I was stopped by a steward and told I had to have my race number showing ... (I think it was a polite way of telling me to cover myself up more!)
... and finally I stumbled over the finishing line!

Of course, Dip's was over an hour faster than me ... but I think (on the quiet!) that she found it tough going too ... but that's a story for her to tell ...

31 weeks till the Atlantic ... at least there will be no noise and crowds there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear girls
We still think you are the bravest maddest most fabulous (and soon fittest)nurses ever!!
Look forward to the boat launch on 7th May
Love and kisses
Anney and Louis
xoxoxxoxooxoxox