Quick links

Wednesday 6 February 2008

The secret is out! - well done dips.

Last night was spent salivating as to what topping we would have had on our pancake if we were at home! We then discussed what we would abstain from over Lent. Being Sikh means that Herdip doesn’t really need to consider it but she was very happy to come up with suggestions for me. Out of my four favourite things in life, coffee, chocolate, champagne and … oh…three I meant three favourite things in life, we tried to consider which one I should give up. But then I thought to myself, I’ve actually been without all three (four) for close on nine weeks now already, so I’m not planning to abstain from any of them for any more!
Instead I’ve decided to give up rowing . . . .

Now being in a 24 foot rowing boat means that there’s NO chance of privacy. Secrets go right out the window. I’ve tried to sneak a few in, secrets that is, but “pop” out they come! Unless you're Herdip by the looks of it! Not only has she managed to hide an Options sachets (which we ran out of on our THIRD WEEK!), today she even popped out a Haribo Supermix bag. (HOORAY! It had 11 Ginger men!). Such was my surprise and delight I’ve not thought of questioning her of how many other little “secrets” she has stored, but at least now I know why she’s been so keen to push me overboard to clean the hull, it’s to give her time to raid the treats supplies! As long as she keeps making them appear now and again, and continues to share I’m more than happy!
For all the other secrets we’ve made the obligatory pact “What goes on tour, stays on tour”!

The rest of the day we’ve been very busy rewiring our broken charging plug (well 12 volt socket to be precise). Now, no jokes about how many nurses does it take to change a light bulb please! When sleep deprived, wind swept and panic setting in that we would be without sat phone, laptop (our lifeline) or ipods for the reminder of the “trip” it was a high pressured job! With three pin options and only two wires there were many combinations for us to work our way around. It didn’thelp that neither of us could remember what colour the live wire should be!
Well we are blonde & dippy remember! But finally, hey presto another challenge overcome and our sat phone is now charging beautifully! Phew!

Herdip – get back on the oars, I’m abstaining for Lent remember!

P.S Now that the Coppers have landed (Mission Atlantic) we can give it some welly, we were just too scared of being done for speeding before!! Well done boys!

No comments: