Quick links

Tuesday 4 December 2007

Final Preparations in La Gomera

26th November 2007

Well, we're a week in to life in La Gomera compleing last minute preperation.
Unfortunately we failed scrutenniering on Saturday. Main reason being that we were missing a few bits of equipment from our life raft! Oh, and the fact that ALL our gas cylinders for our cooker has gone missing!
Personally I think that they are all still sitting in the shipping office in the UK ...

There is an amazing atmosphere here. All the teams are on a real high. There's a lot of stress as everyone prepares, but everyone looks out for each other. It's FANTASTIC to be able to talk about the challange ahead without someone telling us that we're mad or crazy! Here ... we're all normal! All 34 (in 20 boats) of us!

We're sharing a villa with 4 commando marines! Which is great fun. The fact that Herdip is old enough to be their Mum (if she had started at 14!) makes me chuckle! (She'll kill me for putting this up on line!).
So, with six days to go before departure, I better get back to it! There's still loads of little things to do!
Another update before I go!

P.S For all those that I told that you can text me from your mobiles, I was wrong, you can only do it via iridium web site! But it's free!

No comments: