Quick links

Saturday 22 December 2007

If one more oar smashes into my shins I'll . . . .!

Writing the blog updates are getting easier as the girls are now on email . . . . . Elin writes of today’s highs and low below (oh, I did chuckle!):

“Update for today ...
I had a hissy fit last night! A proper strop with TEARS and everything as I banged my fists on the deck floor! Any 2 year old across the country would have been proud of my efforts! I've mentioned before (along with every other ocean rower out here!) the pain when the oar slams on your shins! Unfortunately it's never ending, it is like torture, every hour of rowing without fail the oar will slam into you around 5 - 8 times. Sometimes you'll manage to get your fingers between the oar and shin to minimise the impact, but sometimes it SLAMS with such force that causes excruciating pain! And that's what happened last night!

We've been having strong NE winds which has been helping us fantastically to get the miles in!. The wind has been causing BIG, unpredictable waves though, so along with the squalls has made for wet lively rowing. The moon is out and really bright, which means we can see and hear the waves approaching! Just enough time to say a quick word of encouragement to "Dream Maker" to get us to the top!

Bindi and Georgia (Herdip's sister and niece) fly to Canada today. We hope the pilot lets them drop down a bit so that they can wave as they go over head ;0)

It's a scorching hot day here today, which just makes it pretty impossible to believe that its nearly Christmas day!

Jo Bardoe - the plans for the ball sound FANTASTIC! We are so impressed. Herdip is already planning which designer dress to get for the occasion! Don't forget my blind date ;0)

Over and out for today
P.S Paul & Ednita - you owe Herdip a kebab!!! Hope you had a fantastic wedding in Colombia”


Blog updates care of Amy are now on hold until the 2nd Jan as I follow the girls progress from chilly Russia. I’m handing the reigns to Glesni (Elin’s sister). Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

No comments: