Quick links

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone, firstly we would like to apologize for no recent update, our blog editor decided to go to Russia for a holiday, I mean what are we paying her to do!!!

So recent events. We have had lots of flying fish flinging themselves at us most evenings. Elin got the worst of it, it must have been after school flying lessons that night. She got a real smacker in the face, full on. I personally can't stand the things and on the first few occasions stood there screaming like a girlie until Elin got rid of them, they jump and flap every where and trying to get a hold of them whilst alive is so hard. I now just leave them until the end of my shift to pick them up, so the flying fish are better off flinging themselves at Elin if they want some chance of survival. We also reckon 99% of them are brain damaged after bouncing off the boat on a regular basis.

The New Year, well never a dull moment for Elin and I. Elin was rowing and after a while said "Herdip do you think that light over there is a ship?" After having a quick look I was like oh yes Elin its a real big one and it seems to be heading right for us! We got onto the VHF, both
handheld and the fixed because unfortunately the aerial snapped off a few days ago and were not quite sure if the fixed VHF sent a signal. So in our wisdom we tested it out with our handheld, it seemed to work but no response from the rather big vessel approaching us. We
then started to say silly things on the VHF and I sort of used some French if you catch my drift about the size of this thing when a man's voice said I can hear you. He must have heard Elin and I prating around in our attempt to get their attention. Anyway, we had a chat they were
on another bearing to us, we think they were French due to the accent and I think they were heading to France, Elin just wondered if he sounded good looking!!!

Well we would like to wish all our followers a fantastic New Year, hope you all got drunk on our behalf, we had tea and chocolate which Elin had been salivating over all day, I'm surprised she hadn't eaten it.

Happy New Year, may all your dreams come true.

No comments: