Quick links

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Inspiration from the children at GOSH helps Herdip through a tough time

I've been feeling really down & tearful for the last few days. Not sure why exactly, probably a combination of missing people and being out here for so long. We are so near now, but it feels so far! I've found it particularly tough emotionally which has been very hard, but Elin has been there to push me on, which is fantastic.
Last night while I was rowing and looking at the stars I gave myself a big pep talk. I thought of the kids I know, like Mia, Louis, Henry & Lucas. They deal with difficulties every day. I merely have 8 - 9 weeks of hardship; they have difficulties to deal with for the rest of their lives. It really put things in perspective.
An email I received last night from a loved one reinforced my strength to continue with this journey - in a POSITIVE manner, THANK YOU!
Regardless of the lows we do have a few laughs, and last night Elin & I spent the night like drowned rats. Elin at one point managed to get herself very stuck between her rowing seat, bucket and bikini bottoms. Luckily she got out of it herself, as I was laughing too much to help. Even more so now that she wears empty plastic snack packs as socks! It's the latest fashion rage in the Atlantic don't you know!
I miss everyone so much, but the strength I get from all your messages is amazing and keeps me going. I intend to enjoy my last 3 weeks here, with Elin's stupid antics to keep me amused! I miss my friends and family soooo much, that I can't wait to see you all.
Thank you so much Ian Roots & Will Mason for all your help & advice yesterday.
Love & big hugs & kisses
Herdip
P.S Sorry this is not as funny as our usual blog update, but fear not our wit is still here ... and will be back!

No comments: