Quick links

Thursday 10 January 2008

Who ever would have thought PRUNES would count as 'valuable possessions'??!! - news from the girls today . . . .

Good news to start with, weather has improved slightly over night. There’s a bit of a swell going in our direction making the rowing a lot easier. So fingers crossed we'll pick up the mileage and catch up with some of the other boats which will please Elin no end, who since yesterday's blog has been told off twice and even compared to James Cracknell (thanks Karen & Lucy!) lets give a thought to poor old Ben Fogle (oh I meant me!!) . . . .
Even her bottom is beginning to look like James Cracknell's bottom (if you've ever seen the photo in his book!). Certainly makes for great viewing ... not!

I don't know what she was thinking about last night though, she was rowing in circles half the time, but I don't know what thoughts were distracting her!!! ;-))
She was even waking me up every hour to check when my break time should be over . . . . disturbing my much needed beauty sleep.

Don't know how many of you know, that Elin lived with me for a while, and had a habit of breaking my valuable possessions (GHD hair straighteners for example)! Well last night she stood on my very valuable snacks . . . . Squashing my poor prunes to an inch of their death. They are no longer 3 dimensional. Luckily they were still edible ... I think she was just getting one back at me for drowning her spaghetti bol last night (or intentionally limiting the use of the infamous bucket!).

Just a quick note to Mike, Frank & all at HISC to say that we are still on the hunt for sandbanks! Once we find one we'll call you straight away Frank, and look forward with delight to seeing your orange rib come to save us just like old times!!

p.s my typing speed leaves a lot to be desired, so anything I write is actually typed by Elin while I shout from the oars, as I need my beauty sleep during my break times! . . . . until Elin wakes me again! . . . .

No comments: